intro

Hi the people that write the blogs are Jeff Rupprecht and Mark Taylor. We developed this website (with the help of my friend Jon Scott and Jeff Taylor) because we have always had a passion for sports, so we thought it would be a sweet idea to write them down. We know all of you out there are not going to agree with what we say, so we welcome you to express your opinions(whether they may be positive or negative) freely. Hope you enjoy the site! We are also on Duquesne's radio station every Monday from 12-1. So if you don't like to read our posts, you can listen to use. Just visit WDSR.org

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Week 8 and 9 Picks

So in our first week of picks, I topped Mark with an 8-5 record, while Mark compiled a 7-6 record.

Here were the picks from last week.

Rams at Lions. Mark and I both picked the Lions, probably the only time this season that this would occur and we were wrong. Looks like the Rams won't go 0-16 like the 08 Lions.

Dolphins at Jets. Mark took the Dolphins and won. This was one exciting game in the third quarter with a total of 37 points being scored.

Seahawks at Cowboys. Mark and I took the Crybows and they had an impressive 38-17 win in the Palace.

Browns at Bears. This was a gimme pick and we both won.

Broncos at Ravens. The Broncos finally fell and the Ravens finally got back on the winning track. Both Mark and I predicted that the Broncos would no longer be undefeated. I

Texans at Bills. I was a believer in the Texans, while Marky wasn't. I finally got a win over him in Week 8.

49ers at Colts. Who would've thought that Joseph Addai would throw more TD's than Mr. Manning and still win??? Anyways, Mark and I were correct with our Colt picks.

Giants at Eagles. I thought my fantasy football defense would come through and stop McNabb and the Eagles, however, they tore apart my defense. Mark was victorious with his pick of the Eagles.

Raiders at Chargers. Mark and I both picked the correct team in this game, the Chargers.

Jaguars at Titans. Mark and I both predicted that the Titans would get their first win of the season...and they did.

Vikings at Packers. This was probably the most anticipated game at Lambeau Field ever. Brett Favre, returning home, in a Vikings jersey. I thought Brett, AP and the Vikings D Line would run over and sack the Packers, and thats exactly what happened. This was the last of 4 differences Mark and I had, and we split on the 4.

Panthers at Cardinals. Mark and I were fans of the most overrated team in football, the Cardinals. Somehow Jake D and Co, went into Arizona and came out victorious.

Falcons at Saints. Mark and I agreed Drew Brees would lead his army in a big win over divisional opponent.

Jeff's Record in Week 8: 9-4
Mark's Record in Week 8: 9-4

Total
Jeff: 17-9
Mark: 16-10

Jeff's Week 9 Picks
Ravens at Bengals. After a home loss to the Bengals in Week 5, the Ravens are coming to Cincy for revenge. After an impressive win over the undefeated Broncos last week, the Ravens are back to their old selves and will continue with a statement win over the Bengals.

Packers at Bucs
Sorry Bucs fans, this isn't the week when you get your first win. Packers by 17.

Dolphins at Patriots
The Wildcat only works in Miami. I believe that Tom Brady and Randy Moss are part of the best team in the NFL, even if they do have two losses.

Chiefs at Jaguars
Wow, thank God this game will be blocked out for the citizens of Jacksoville. This will be the worst game of the week, but the Jags will win.

Texans at Colts
Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne will be too much for the feel good story of the Texans. I believe the Texans are a top 6, 7 team in the AFC, but they are playing the Colts, in Indy. Sorry Texans, but not this year.

Cardinals at Bears (Upset Special)
Lovie Smith and Jay Cutler take an early lead, but fold at the end to Kurt Warner and Larry Fitz. I want to believe that the Cardinals were not just a one year wonder, so I think they will win on the road in Chicago.

Redskins at Falcons
The Falcons are a GOOD team, not a great team, a GOOD team. Now, the Redskins are a BAD BAD BAD team. GOOD > BAD. Dirty Birds by 20.

Lions at Seahawks
The Seahawks are better than their 2-6 record. This team has offensive playmakers and I believe they will show up against the one win in two season Lions.

Panthers at Saints
Drew Brees and the top team in the NFC take down the old and fragile Panthers.

Titans at 49ers
Thanks to the Swine Flu, I was bedridden all Sunday and was able to watch the 49ers and Colts game. Alex Smith looked very impressive in his welcome back to the NFL start. The Titans did look good with VY as QB, but I like the niners in this one.

Chargers at Giants
Whenever the Chargers come out East, I feel as if they always lose. However, the Giants are really struggling and are on a 3 game losing streak. EHHHH, I will go with my defense again and hope the Giants pull out a big W here.

Cowboys at Eagles
TONY ROMO THROW ME A GOOD PASS!!!! Roy Williams come on. I believe that dude practices more on his first down celebrations rather than his route running. A Sunday night game, in Philly, is going to to the Ealges. As much as I hate them, I have a hard time seeing them lose at home.

Steelers at Broncos
I will always go with the Steelers and I think we go in there, and win big. I think that the Broncos offense is awful and their defense is overrated. Big Ben will go for over 300 yards and Mendenhall will have a productive fantasy night. Steelers win on Monday Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment